It’s out! You can go download a binary on the GitHub release page
and follow the Getting Started instructions.
As mentioned in the previous post, the major features are
- Query language
- Generic JSON CloudWatch Logs support
There’s also a new website for the project at cistern.github.io with
some documentation about how it works. There will be more
documentation coming soon.
Some things I want to see in the next version are
- More filter operators (greater than, less than, regular expressions)
- GROUP BYs with functions. That way you can GROUP BY 5xx status codes, for example.
- Cleaner logging from the binary
- Error reporting from the UI