Occasionally I like to list or describe what I’m working on
in my free time. Here are the past two:
Changes since February
A bunch of the stuff I worked on in February evolved into something else.
lm2, my key-value storage library, is “done.”
It’s the primary storage option in all of my projects. Epsilon is gone but almost
all of that work is now in Cistern. Alpha was an
experiment I just got rid of but I think I want to explore web analytics again some
day. I haven’t been working on the CSV stuff.
- Transverse, my goal forecasting app. It’s in open beta. I’m
so glad I got this done! I use it everyday and I’m crushing my goals.
- Transverse depends on lm2 and the Rig so I’m obviously working on both when I have to.
- MySQL Explain Analyzer. I need to redesign this.
- A rating tracking app. Still in the idea phase. I like to rate stuff like food, coffee, movies, books, music, etc.
I’m using a spreadsheet right now but I want to make an app that’s slightly better than a spreadsheet.
That’s what I did with Transverse and I want to keep that going.
- Another app to store my guitar improv noodles. I used to do a Tuesday night improv thing a few years ago
where I would sit down with my guitar and come up with a 2-3 minute recording and post it. It would be
good for me to start doing that again but I don’t want to save that stuff on Tumblr or SoundCloud.
I’m using DigitalOcean Spaces (their S3-compatible
object store service) and it has a $5/mo 250 GB minimum and there’s no way I can fill that with just
- Guitar. I got a Gibson Les Paul Classic recently and
it’s super fun. I’m trying to get into jazz instead of just playing AC/DC or Joe Satriani covers all night.
- Reading. Thanks to Transverse I’m been reading roughly two books a month. I did some napkin
math recently and learned that I’ll probably get to read only about 1200 more books in my lifetime, so…
better read as much as I can!
- Design. I’m really liking Sketch to create designs and mockups for my
app ideas. Most days I spend more time thinking about design than actual code.
Yes, I’m very busy. My social media hiatus is helping. This is all very exciting stuff! So exciting
that I’m up early and up late and forget about sleep!